Eyes Bright Open

As every mother knows, the days are long and sometimes the days are lost.  Many of us struggle to remain at the top of our game in our jobs, our school, even to our loved ones.  It is so easy to reach for that pair of yoga pants instead of a cute pair of jeans.  I know, I have two sons that are in grade school.

Our faces take the brunt of our stress, our eyes are darken, puffy, and yet - they are still beautiful.  I want to share with you a few of my tricks to keep my eyes bright and ready for the day.  Fake it till you make it, I say.

For the new mom I suggest Tarte's EmphasEYES™ Inner Rim Brightener ($18), availiable at Sephora and Ulta.  I use this pencil just as it suggests, inside the inner eye rim.  The result is a subtle brightening that lasts all day.  The feel is creamy and very easy to apply.


For the momma with a toddler just learning to walkwho gets into everything, I suggest Benefit's EyeBright ($20), it is as versatile as you are. I use this to cover my dark circles, enhance the outer and inner corner of my eyes, and even below my eyebrows.



And finally, for the seasoned mother with one or more older children, you spend long nights cooking up science fair ideas, baking goods for fundraisers, volunteering for the PTA, evening sports, and so much more.  Your children consume you and you may have even went back to work!  I suggest another miracle from Benefit, the Erase Paste ($26).  This one works harder than you do, its thick texture goes a long way and instantly returns years back to your face. I have used this product for five years!



I get asked by a lot of mothers how I have time to put makeup on. The answer is simple, it is important to me to put my best face forward to my sons.   I am the first woman they fall in love with.  I want to set the STANDARD.

No comments: